Trials Are Not An Easy Thing By Lori Tremblay

Trials Are Not An Easy Thing - by Lori Tremblay

This was written by my sister a couple of days ago. Guess she learned some wisdom along the way. Wise words, for sure.
Trials are not an easy thing to go through. It seems as though the longer they last the harder it gets. Like a pressure pot, it builds and builds until it’s time to turn the heat off and allow the pressure to decrease without burning what’s inside the pot or having the pressure explode and all the contents of what is inside splatter everywhere and burn the outside of the pot. But praise the Lord, there is an end! Though I have not reached the end of these trials I am currently in, there are lessons that God is teaching me.
One lesson above all the lessons the Lord is showing me is to keep my eyes on Jesus. Life is hard enough without the Lord but when our eyes are not fixated on our Saviour, that’s when the overwhelming floods of despair and feelings of defeat seem like they will overturn us. But they don’t because God IS faithful. Just keep your eyes on the Lord! You trusted Him for salvation, trust Him in the trials too.
God has taught me to focus on Him. When my body is rejecting the medicine the doctors give me, I can’t walk or stand up or even crawl sometimes. This is when I earnestly pray. I’m not to complain or worry about the situation - there’s nothing I can do about it anyway! But I can trust Him. I’m in His everlasting arms. Nothing can or will change that.
Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
God has also taught me that when I am sinking in despair to cry out, keeping my eyes on Jesus the whole time. He is merciful and knows what I can and can not handle and will NOT suffer me above that I am able to bear.
1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
God has taught me that when my eyes are firmly fixed on Him, though the situation is wearing me down, if I get into His Word, claim His promises and pray, He will deliver me! Whether in this life or in the next, His Word promises the believer that He will deliver His children! He has proven Himself to be trustworthy to me, and in my despair when I cried out He was there immediately, helping me. For He will never leave me nor forsake me. There have been times in my life when my eyes have not been on the Lord and, wow, the struggle was that much harder to bear.
Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
God has shown me if my eyes are fixed on Him then I will have true joy in my trial. I never understood this before until this particular trial. The more agony I am in, the more I cry out for help to cope with the present need. Because I am crying out more and because of the pressure, the more God gives me grace to cope. And therefore I can smile because I am assured my Lord has me!
Many times I must pray, putting on the whole armour of God, then walk by faith. For faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God. For God goes before me preparing the way; He is behind me keeping me safe from sudden attacks; and He walks with me through the entire trial!
2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
His Word is true, He can not lie. I implore you, Christian, if your eyes have lost sight of Jesus, the Saviour, who saved your soul from the fiery pit of hell, God CAN and WILL deliver you from whatever trial HE has allowed in your life.
The last thing I want to say is these trials are for our good and His glory! God wants us to be conformed into the image of His dear Son, Jesus. Allow Him to work in your heart and break up the fallow ground so you can produce more fruit for Him. This is what the trial is meant for.
Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
Leave your trials and cares at the feet of Jesus. I say leave them there and do not pick them up again as we often do. None of us can fixed our issues of life like Jesus can, for we often make more of a mess trying to “fix” our mistakes and end up in an even deeper mess. Let all things be done orderly.
1 Corinthians 14:40 Let all things be done decently and in order.
Give all your worries and cares to Jesus, He is the great physician - physically, mentally and spiritually.
Isaiah 57:18-19 I have seen his ways, and will heal him: I will lead him also, and restore comforts unto him and to his mourners. I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him.
Come to the cross, my friend, and leave your burdens there.
March 17th, 2026
Lori Tremblay

My sister wrote this short testimony in March, but somehow I never posted it until now. I came across it a few minutes ago and wanted to make sure I don't forget it now. Usually, this blog is for my posts, but I think this is such a blessing to pass on to my readers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John 3:16 - The Gospel In A Nutshell

Buy The Truth And Sell It Not

Genesis: God Remembered