Thursday, September 07, 2006

Edited Well Of Living Waters

If you have already read my study A Well Of Living Waters and appreciated it, I would encourage you to read the last half, starting from Jeremiah 31:12 on. I rewrote it and added much more to it.

I wanted to further develop the contrast between the righteous drinking of the living waters and the wicked whose waters were drying up. When I was first working on the study, I noticed those passages (and listed the references), but was more focussed on the living waters flowing forth. However, now I have decided to dig a little deeper into this theme as well, and present these contrasts both together.

I hope this study is a blessing to you. If you are willing, please pray for the Lord to give me wisdom as I study His Word and put studies and messages together. I sure could use it and would really appreciate it.

It was pointed out to me that my message on John 3:16: The Gospel In A Nutshell did not mention the resurrection of Christ, therefore did not "present the complete Gospel." The death, burial, and resurrection of Christ is something I preach on regularly. This message was based on the notes I put together for preaching at the Gospel Mission. I only have about 7-10 minutes to speak, so sometimes it is hard to go much further than I have stated. It was not a deliberate oversight, and it was something I probably did touch down briefly on (I say probably, because I normally do, but I do not remember all I said that day - except for what I had in my notes). Then I typed these notes up that night when I got home, adding a few more Scripture, but not developing it more. I attempted to clarify this point in #4 above - hopefully it is better now.

Thank you for your interest in this blog. May the Lord richly bless you.

4 comments:

Sis. Julie said...

I do pray for you for God to continue to give you wisdom in your studies. Your studies are so rich and full of godly wisdom and I for one appreciate them. Thank you for all the time and effort you put into your studies and then for sharing them with us. You're a blessing!!

Kate said...

Your studies have always been and continue to be a tremendous blessing to this reader, Bro. Jerry! I love the fact that you don't stop until you have received a golden nugget from the Lord! God bless your blogging ministry!!

Kate said...

Missing your daily blogging, Brother Jerry! Please know this sister in Christ is praying for your upcoming new adventures!

Sis. Julie said...

Been missing your posts Bro. Jerry. I pray all is well with you. I'm praying for you!!

Post a Comment