Thursday, August 03, 2006

My Strength

My Strength

Where does your strength come from?

Without Strength

Romans 5:6, 8 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

No one in all of creation has the power or strength to keep all the Law of God; therefore all of mankind is guilty and condemned in the sight of God for breaking His laws. Yet Christ came to do what sinful man could not - fulfill the righteousness of the Law, so that all who trust in Him to save them will be credited with His righteousness.

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Jeremiah 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

When we had no righteousness of our own (see Isaiah 64:6), Jesus came to give us His; when we were without strength to obey and to overcome sin in our lives, Jesus came to save us (see Galatians 3:11, 23-26). Have you received His free gift of salvation? If not, please read this Gospel tract: God's Simple Plan Of Salvation.

Renewed Strength

Isaiah 40:28-31 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Strength For The Heart

Psalms 27:14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Psalms 31:24 Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

Strength In Weakness

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Strength For The Day

Deuteronomy 33:25 Thy shoes shall be iron and brass; and as thy days, so shall thy strength be.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

God will not give you tomorrow's strength until tomorrow comes - but He has promised strength for today. Are you waiting on the Lord and leaning on Him today for the strength you need?

Where does your strength come from? Or better yet, Who is your strength?

Psalms 119:28 My soul melteth for heaviness: strengthen thou me according unto thy word.

Psalms 18:32 It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.

2 Samuel 22:33-34 God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect. He maketh my feet like hinds' feet: and setteth me upon my high places.

Psalms 18:1-2 I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

January 11th/06
Jerry Bouey

No comments:

Post a Comment